Friday, September 03, 2004

In which the Queen of Carrots interviews me

It's your seventy-fifth birthday tomorrow. How are you going to celebrate it?
What?? It's tomorrow?! I have to work! . . . I have to work?!? I DEMAND to know why I'm not retired by now!! [gasp!] Where are my teeth??!

Before you sits a book with your entire life history written out in it. Do you peek? Read the whole thing? Or what?
I am definitely gonna figure out why I'm an unretired 75-year-old with no teeth!

If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, what would be the ideal number of people to be shipwrecked with, and why?
What would those people be doing? Fanning me with palm fronds? Feeding me peeled grapes? Throwing sand in my eye? Talking incessantly? Ideal numbers could vary dramatically.

I should have been a crafty lawyer.

Choose one current habit or character trait you'd most like to improve, and tell us why.
How about the habit of staying at the office too late? Because I'm still here.

Describe the view from your favorite chair.
Just to my right, easily within reach of my arm, is a tall shelf of interesting books. In front of me, a green and white couch, with an annoyed cat sitting on it. To my left, another couch. And on the burgundy rug at my feet, another cat, getting ready to pounce on the first. Behind the couch, a big window with sunlight streaming in at an angl ... zzzZzz.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Queen of Carrots said...

Did you tell me you now had two cats? Because if you did, I forgot. You'd better watch out, they seem to be accummulating. I love your living room, too. Your house was a great place to get snowed in. We'll have to be more careful in the future, though--spontaneous plan changes are now limited by number of spare diapers.

You have no teeth at 75 because of that jar of candy on your desk . . . and you're unretired because you can't bear to stop working. ;-)

##==>

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Marsha Louise said...

Not only have the cats multiplied (as a result of roommates multiplying; there are now three of us), so have my jars of candy (there are now three of them). At this rate I'll be out of teeth before I'm 75.

You and your diapers and entourage are welcome to get stranded at my house anytime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home